RSS

Thank you and Happy Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year)!

16 Sep

Thank you so much for those of you who read my posts and/or subscribe to my blog! I appreciate all of your comments and feedback and hope my blog is helpful to you!

I apologize for the lack of posts these last few weeks as I am now taking a graduate education class, in addition to working full-time and managing my family of 6. I hope to find a balance, so I can spend a bit of time on it all.

May you all have a wonderful new year filled with blessings, nachas (pride and satisfaction from your kids), parnasa (livelihood/earnings), good health, and happiness!

FYI, I just made something for my kids for Rosh Hashanah, thanks to my friend Amital at Organized Jewish Home. She created a Kids’ Mitzvah Checklist that is such a great idea! I made just a few minor changes – making it into a grid format, so I could give my kids stickers when they complete each one, and adding two more items: “being nice to one of my brothers” and “helped set the table.” I added these mostly for my younger three boys.

Here is my version below as well as the post with Organized Jewish Home’s original version. Teachers can also use this or create their own to send home with families.

Kids’ Mitzvah Checklist for Rosh Hashanah

L’Shanah Tovah!

About these ads

6 Comments

Posted by on September 16, 2012 in Family ideas, Forms for everything, Holidays

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

6 responses to “Thank you and Happy Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year)!

1. Michelle Gralnick

September 17, 2012 at 11:13 am

I liked your checklist – you could also add “I didn’t talk back to my parent” and “I did what my parent asked the first time”….

• rmk104

September 30, 2012 at 7:51 am

Good ideas, but that might have to be for its own respect checklist!

2. Tammy

September 18, 2012 at 4:10 am

Hope you had a lovely holiday.

• rmk104

September 30, 2012 at 7:52 am

Thank you so much!

3. Amital

September 19, 2012 at 2:14 am

How did your kids like it? Mine thought it was pretty cool. I think I’m going to make one for other holidays, too, adding in their jobs to help out.

Shana tova!

• rmk104

September 30, 2012 at 7:53 am

They loved it and it got them so excited to do each of the mitzvot! Thanks so much! Hope you had a good holiday!