Family Fun Outside the Home
∞ Museums – You can save a lot by purchasing a year-round membership. See my post on “Become a member!” Check out the following links for national directories of museums:
∞ Factory tours – Check out this website for information on tours near you: USA Factory Tours
∞ Library – See if they have any special events going on or just go browse with your kids. Many offer storytimes, special summer events, family events, and speakers.
∞ Symphony – events in the park or family symphony programs
∞ Family Theater (COCA)
∞ Bowling – Sign up for email coupons from your local bowling alleys. See my post on Get rewarded for shopping – updated!
∞ Indoor Playgrounds
∞ Parks – Take a hike or bike ride, play on the playground, have a picnic, or visit the historical sites at any of your local parks. Check your county website or the National Park Service website for listings.
∞ Swimming – Check out the indoor or outdoor pools in your area. Often municipalities have one at their community centers or look for a YMCA, YWCA, or Jewish Community Center.
∞ Sporting Events – Check your local newspaper website for a listing of upcoming events (pro and amateur). Also, see my post on Sports freebies for kids.
∞ Movies – Find out if your local theater offers a rewards program. AMC Theaters offers AMC Stubs.
∞ Free family workshops –
Attend a free family workshop at Bass Pro. Topics include: archery, bird watching, plants and insects, shooting basics, camping basics, animal identification, fishing, outdoor pets, and hiking basics.
Lowe’s also offers building workshops as part of their Build & Grow program. Kids get to build their own wooden project and receive a free apron, goggles, patch and more. They are now offering Sunday options, too!
- Free Bowling and Skating During the Summer
- Summer Reading Programs 2012 Update
- More Summer Reading programs 2012
- Summer reading programs 2012: Promote reading and earn prizes!
ST. LOUIS ONLY:
- Family Attractions Card – coupons to local amusements
- St. Louis Town Planner – coupons to local amusements as well as restaurants, services, and more.
- St. Louis Kids Magazine - section on Things to Do in St. Louis with kids
- Explore St. Louis - section for kids, website sponsored by St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission
- Kids in St. Louis - great information on things to do, birthday parties, sports, and more.
- StL Moms - information on things to do, events, recipes, etc.
- St. Louis Art Museum
- St. Louis Science Center
- Whittle Shortline Railroad store
- St. Louis Jewish Community Center
- St. Louis Mills mall