It is time for my annual post sharing the Orthodox Megillah readings here in St. Louis. (I apologize to my non-St. Louis readers that this post will not apply to you. However, you may skip down to the bottom for other Purim-related posts.) This is particularly helpful for moms with young children who are not old enough to stay up (or be quiet) during Megillah readings. It is also helpful for those having to work around their “work” schedules.
Here is my current list as of 3:30 p.m. on Friday, March 7. If you see any errors or have any additions, let me know and I will update the post.
Saturday, March 15:
8:00 p.m. Beit Shira, at The Cedars, 13190 S. Outer 40, Town and Country, MO 63017
8:15 p.m. Tpheris Israel Chevra Kadisha
xx Agudas Israel
xx U City Shul (formerly Beth Hamedrosh Hagadol Sha’arei Chesed)
xx Bais Abraham
xx Young Israel
xx Congregation Bais Menachem
8:30 p.m. Nusach Hari B’nai Zion
9:45 p.m. Torah Prep Boys School, reading for women
10:00 p.m. Young Israel, Beit Medrash
Sunday, March 16:
6:30 a.m. Young Israel Shacharis in Beit Medrash, followed by Megillah, 7:10 a.m.
7:45 a.m. Agudas Israel Shacharis followed by Megillah
8:00 a.m. U City Shul Shacharis followed by Megillah
xx Bais Abraham Shacharis followed by Megillah, 8:30 a.m.
xx Young Israel, followed by Megillah 8:35 a.m.
8:30 a.m. Nusach Hari B’nai Zion
xx Congregation Bais Menachem Shacharis, followed by Megillah, 9:00 a.m.
xx Beit Shira with the Block Yeshiva boys, at The Cedars, 13190 S. Outer 40, Town and Country
8:40 a.m. Tpheris Israel Chevra Kadisha
9:30 a.m. Women’s Megillah Reading, home of the Goldmeiers, 219 Topton Way, Clayton
10:15 a.m. Agudas Israel, reading for women
xx Aish HaTorah, Purim celebration including an “original” megillah reading
xx brunch afterwards (cost $8 adult, $5 child (ages 5 – 11), free pony rides for kids 11:30 – 12:30
11:00 a.m. Young Israel, by Levy Zimand for his bar mitzvah
11:30 a.m. Epstein Hebrew Academy
5:00 p.m. Congregation Bais Menachem
Agudas Israel: Agudah.Purim.Schedule.2014
Bais Abraham: Bais Abe Purim flyer 2014
* For more information on any of the shuls, please contact them individually. Here is a link to all of the congregations here in St. Louis.
- “Kids’ Mitzvah Checklist for Purim”
- “Purim is coming too fast!”
- “Purim costume ideas”
- “Purim costumes and preparation” – includes costumes we have done over the years
- “Purim wrap-up” – thoughts and lessons learned after the holiday
- “Shaloch Manos Gallery 2012″ – our favorite shaloch manos gifts from last year
- “Where do you find kosher recipes online?“ and “More kosher recipe sites” - kosher recipe sites
- Also check out the many Purim posts by my favorite blogger and friend Mara, at “Kosher on a Budget”