Most of us belong to Sam’s or Costco for bulk savings and have a AAA membership for emergency auto assistance. But did you know that these membership programs have more than their advertised benefits? Why not take a look to see if you are really getting your money’s worth and all the extra perks provided.
Here is what I found out about AAA. For Sam’s Club, see my previous post on “Making the most of your Sam’s Club membership.” Costco to come soon!
Of course, the first thing I checked out was the savings discounts you can get with your membership. Did you know about some of these offers?
Approved Auto Repair – Save up to 10% on parts and/or labor at participating Show Your Card & Save Approved Auto Repair facilities. Some restrictions and maximum discounts may apply.
Jiffy Lube – You can save 15% on their signature service at all participating locations in Arkansas, Illinois, Louisiana and Missouri. See my post on “What does an oil change cost?” for more Jiffy Lube deals.
Optical services at LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Sears Optical, & Target Optical – Get discounts on complete pairs of eyeglasses without a coupon. This page has details on each store’s deals.
Payless ShoeSource – Members can receive an exclusive 10% discount on all regular price merchandise, excluding gift cards (at stores in the US and Canada). They even have an extra coupon available on this page.
Six Flags – $5 off general front-gate admission or $2 off general front-gate admission at Six Flags Water Parks. You also can get a 10% discount on merchandise purchases of $15 or more at all Six Flags operated locations.
St. Louis Cardinals – Get $10 off a regular ticket priced $20 or higher for any Monday through Thursday home game during the 2012 season. See this link for ticketing information and how to get this deal.
St. Louis Science Center - $5 off St. Louis Science Center Friends & Family membership levels and $1 off OMNIMAX movies. See my post “Become a member!” on why memberships are a good deal. (They have many other amusement/attraction deals that vary based on your area.)
Target.com – Members can save $10 off $100 online. Some exclusions do apply.
This is just a sampling of savings discounts that AAA offers in categories such as Play, Hotels, Travel, Shop, Auto, Dine, Services and Health.
MORE WELL-KNOWN SERVICES
- Travel discounts and booking as well as TripTik driving directions and maps, online TourBook guides, eTourBook Guides
- Travel checklists, event calendars, and vacation ideas
- Information on foreign travel requirements
- Car rental discounts
- Auto, home/renter’s, and life insurance
- Car buying tips
- Health/Medical insurance – they even offer short-term insurance. I wish I had known about this three months ago while we have been waiting for my husband to be eligible for health insurance at his work!
- AAA Member Rewards Visa card
- Travel money
- Free identity theft monitoring (I am going to look into this, especially since this can be a costly thing to sign up privately.)
- How to videos on money tips
- Information on gas costs and pricing
- Safe driving tips
- Travel magazine
- Tips for taking care of your car
- Links to AAA approved sites and battery service information
* NOTE: The links provided are for my AAA region, which serves Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, E. Kansas, S. Illinois, S. Indiana, and Texarkana, TX. To find information on your local AAA region, your computer should redirect you to your region’s website. However, if it doesn’t, you may need to click on “Other AAA Clubs” at the bottom of the AAA homepage.
Are you taking advantage of all you can with your membership! Check it out now! Tell me about how you saved!