My work has recently introduced the option of signing up for a Health Savings Account. It is different from a Flexible Spending Account for medical expenses, though. It is a new hybrid insurance option. A very confusing option. We are going to have a meeting about it next week, but I wanted to do a little research of my own to help make an educated choice.
I found a few articles from some reputable sources that I thought I would share in case you are going through a similar dilemma. What seems to be universally true is that HSA programs are not right for everyone. These articles give tips, tax guidelines, and tools to help you figure out if they are best for you and your family.
- Resource Center: Health Savings Accounts
- Health Savings Account Answers
- Health Savings Accounts: Is an HSA right for you?
- Health Savings Account Deduction
- 5 Things to Know About Health Savings Accounts
I would love to hear comments from anyone who has used one before!