∞ Museums – You can save a lot by purchasing a year-round membership. See my post on “Become a member!” Check out the following links for national directories of museums:
∞ Factory tours – Check out this website for information on tours near you: USA Factory Tours
∞ Library – See if they have any special events going on or just go browse with your kids. Many offer storytimes, special summer events, family events, and speakers.
∞ Symphony – events in the park or family symphony programs
∞ Family Theater (COCA)
∞ Bowling – Sign up for email coupons from your local bowling alleys. See my post on Get rewarded for shopping – updated!
∞ Indoor Playgrounds
∞ Parks – Take a hike or bike ride, play on the playground, have a picnic, or visit the historical sites at any of your local parks. Check your county website or the National Park Service website for listings.
∞ Swimming – Check out the indoor or outdoor pools in your area. Often municipalities have one at their community centers or look for a YMCA, YWCA, or Jewish Community Center.
∞ Sporting Events – Check your local newspaper website for a listing of upcoming events (pro and amateur). Also, see my post on Sports freebies for kids.
∞ Movies – Find out if your local theater offers a rewards program. AMC Theaters offers AMC Stubs.
∞ Free family workshops –
Attend a free family workshop at Bass Pro. Topics include: archery, bird watching, plants and insects, shooting basics, camping basics, animal identification, fishing, outdoor pets, and hiking basics.
Lowe’s also offers building workshops as part of their Build & Grow program. Kids get to build their own wooden project and receive a free apron, goggles, patch, and more. They are now offering Sunday options, too!
The Home Depot also offers free kids’ workshops, however, theirs are only offered on Saturdays (the first of every month). Kids also get to build a wooden project and take home an apron, pin, and certificate.
- Summer Reading Programs 2012 Update
- More Summer Reading programs 2012
- Summer reading programs 2012: Promote reading and earn prizes!
- Free Bowling and Skating – Summer 2013
- Summer 2013 Dollar (or Free) Movies
ST. LOUIS ONLY:
- Family Attractions Card – coupons to local amusements
- St. Louis Town Planner – coupons to local amusements as well as restaurants, services, and more.
- St. Louis Kids Magazine – section on Things to Do in St. Louis with kids
- Explore St. Louis – section for kids, website sponsored by St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission
- Kids in St. Louis – great information on things to do, birthday parties, sports, and more.
- StL Moms – information on things to do, events, recipes, etc.
- St. Louis Art Museum
- St. Louis Science Center
- Whittle Shortline Railroad store
- St. Louis Jewish Community Center
- St. Louis Mills mall