∞ Book It! Summer Break Reading Challenge – From June 15 to August 15, kids who were in grades K-6 during the 2011-2012 school year and who read five books, will be eligible to enter this sweepstakes. The prize is a “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” summer fun prize package. There will be 50 winners. The website also contains fun activities for kids, parent and teacher printables, online games, book information, and more.
∞ Adult summer reading programs – Ask at your local library if they have an Adult Summer Reading program. I have seen many listed on individual library websites. You might be able to earn some prizes, too!
NOTE: To find a United States public library near you, check out the Public Libraries.com website.
Other posts on this topic:
- “Summer Reading programs 2012: Promote reading and earn prizes”
- “Summer Reading Programs 2012 update”
- Why Public Library Summer Reading Programs are Important – (ala.org)
- Summer reading – video on the benefits of and how to make the most of (readingrockets.org)
- Summer Reading and Fluency: Tips for Parents from Reading Rockets (readingrockets.org)
To get cheap books besides going to the library:
- “My favorite find – Swapping books”
- “Items you don’t always (and in some cases shouldn’t) have to pay for.”