Most of us belong to a warehouse club like Sam’s or Costco. They are a great place to buy food and household supplies in bulk. They also have great deals on toys, books, and other home products. We have certain things we get there on a regular basis that are great for our family of six.
You do have to check prices to be sure things you buy at Sam’s are a good deal, though. I find that pre-packaged items (like lunch-size) are not a good deal versus buying in a single package and bagging them yourself! My price list is most useful in determining what to buy at Sam’s. See my post: Keeping a price list.
Some of the items we buy at Sam’s include:
- baking supplies, spices, and salt
- lemon juice and olive oil
- acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and Zyrtec – Sam’s Brand
- Ziploc plastic bags (these come out cheaper than store brands), disposable full and half-size steam pans, and plastic silverware.
But did you know that your membership offers you more than just the ability to shop at their stores? Why not take a look to see if you are really getting your money’s worth and all the extra perks available. Here is what I found out about Sam’s Club Services.
∞ Check printing – I used this for my most recent check order and we paid about 1/3 of the cost of other check printing companies. They came quickly, too!
∞ Club Pickup – Shop online and pick up at your local store
∞ Health & Wellness Services –
∞ Electronics and Technical Assistance –
- Tech Experts – Receive free, member-exclusive assistance with any television, home theater, digital music player, camera, camcorder or computer you purchase at Sam’s Club.
- Protection Plans – you can purchase plans for replacement and service of electronics or watch and jewelry care for products purchased at Sam’s Club
- Delivery and Installation of products purchased at Sam’s Club
∞ Auto buying program – offers special pricing and benefits
∞ Financial Services –
∞ Business services –
- Business Lending Center
- Business Payment Solutions
- Online Marketing Services
- Payroll Services
- Business Stationary
∞ Identity Protection Services from Lifelock
∞ Health insurance – available for businesses and individuals
∞ Discounted cell phone plans – available in store
Have you taken advantage of any of these services? What was your experience? Share in the Comments section!
- Making the most of your AAA membership
- Have a Costco or Sam’s Club Membership? Here’s how to get your money’s worth (thepennyhoarder.com)
- 15 Best and Worst Deals at Sam’s Club (gobankingrates.com)