* This program was discontinued as of May 14, 2019. See here for details.
I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. I love finding good deals and paying low prices, but I hate how the store is not always clean and things are not always where I would expect them to be. I often end up going back to another end of the store because I didn’t find something on my first time around!
However, there is a very simple way to save more money when shopping at Walmart. They have a Savings Catcher program available through their Walmart app. The program reviews weekly shopping ads in your area and gives you money back for the difference of any lower prices found at competitors’ stores. I have earned a lot of money back just from this simple program!
It used to be that you would scan your printed receipts through the app. Now, you actually have to use the app to pay for your purchase, too, through their Walmart Pay option. Then the system automatically applies it to your Savings Catcher rewards if it finds any.
1. Open the app, Click on “Services” and then click on “Walmart Pay.”
2. You then enter the pin you have assigned and it will allow you to scan a QR code at the checkout.
3. Your receipt will automatically be compared with deals at competitors’ stores.
4. When you use the app again for your next purchase, it will apply any Savings Catcher cash back you have earned. You can also use Walmart Pay and your balance for purchases on Walmart.com. They offer free two-day shipping on all items marked as “Free 2-day shipping” if the order is over $35.
Let me know how you like it!
Leave a Reply