Since getting a smartphone a few years ago, I have been using it for much more than just calling, texting, and searching the Internet. I have found so many ways to save and earn money by using a variety of apps available. I described nine of them last April in my post 9 apps to earn money with your Smartphone! but have since found even more! See the details below.
1) Smart App – If you qualify for the Smart App research study, you link your smartphone, laptop, and other devices to the program. They collect research data that is used to help your favorite apps, websites, and technology companies improve their services and features for everyone. Qualifying participants can earn $5 for every 30 days their devices stay connected, plus extra loyalty bonuses every three months. They also offer surveys and giveaways. The only downside is that it takes a few minutes to upload the program on my laptop before I can go online. I have gotten my rewards via PayPal.
2) Panel App – This app allows you to earn points by taking location-based surveys and sharing your location. Use points towards prizes, rewards, sweepstakes, gift cards, and more! I typically select the Amazon gift cards and earn $1 for every 2000 points. Use my referral link to sign up. This app is available only in the App Store for iPhones and iPads.
3) Checkout 51 – This app is very similar to Ibotta (but with many less offers). You select the offers you want, shop at your favorite stores, and then upload your receipt to claim your cash. You can receive your rewards either in check form or through an electronic payment method like PayPal. This app is available for Android and Apple devices. Use my referral link to sign up.
4) Coupons.com App – This is the companion app to the website Coupons.com where you can print coupons. On the app you select the offers you want and then save money either right at the checkout or when you upload your receipt. Cash back is distributed through PayPal. This app is available for Android and Apple devices.
5) Pay with Ibotta – Ibotta introduced a new feature that allows you to pay right through the Ibotta app. With this feature you save a percentage off your purchase right away without uploading a receipt. For some stores like Walmart, you can also upload your receipt afterwards to get even more cash back (by selecting specific offers). Ibotta gives you cash back either through PayPal or gift cards to various retailers. Ibotta is available for Android and Apple devices. Use my referral link to sign up. If it asks, the referral code is: sblvskc.
6) Store apps – Check the app store on your phone to see if your favorite stores have their own apps. Many stores offer coupons, rewards programs, special deals, and contests through their apps. This is especially great if you forgot to bring your coupons or did not bring your printed coupons with you. Walgreens often has many manufacturer coupons and their own coupons available right through the app.
It also eliminates the need to find or carry your reward cards with you. Just pull up the right screen and show the barcode to the cashier. Also, some many stores, like Joann Fabrics, will let you use their paper coupons as well as their store app coupons.
I often will browse my store apps while standing in line waiting to check out! I currently have the 7-Eleven, Baskin Robbins, Circle K, CVS, Mobil, Joann Fabrics, Kohl’s, Krispy Kreme, Michaels, Schnucks, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart apps on my phone.
- Stack your savings at your favorite stores
- Stacking your savings at Target – 2019 update
- Save & earn money on your computer with Honey and Swagbucks
Leave a Reply