Several months ago I stumbled upon a new money-saving app while browsing Facebook. Honey is a service that saves you money while you are shopping online. It works in two ways:
1. Honey scours the Internet for online codes for various online retailers. The app automatically applies the best code when you check out. You can also click on the Honey icon at the top of your browser when you are shopping to see what deals are available from that retailer.
I have used it many times and it is so easy! Honey adds a simple extension to your Internet browser. (I use it with Google Chrome.) When you go to the checkout on your online order, a window pops up from Honey telling you:
- how many coupon codes there are available for that site
- how much cash back you can earn.
You then click on the “Save Money” button and it will then test out all the different codes and find you the best possible deal!
I had previously used Retailmenot.com, but on that site you have to enter in each code manually and you never know which will work. It can take forever to find the right code! There are also many codes there that do not work or are expired. Honey does this in just seconds! And even if there is no code, you get a percentage cash back just for using Honey!
2) Honey also saves you money when shopping on Amazon. When you are looking at an item you are interested in, there are two added buttons under the item’s name. One tells how much (and details, even including sales tax) you could save by buying that item from a different Amazon seller. The second allows you to add the item to your DropList. Honey will notify you in the next 60 days if the price of your item drops.
I have saved both money and time using these features! I especially love getting emails when an item I was looking at has dropped in price!
- Earn a little cash with Ebates!
- Surf, shop, and share to earn rewards and prizes!
- Subscribe and Save